Sago Pudding 西米布丁

 I have a packet of red sago in my pantry( I asked my husband to buy sago which I wanted to cook it with mung bean soup but he bought this red sago instead😅). So, I used it to make this delicious pudding for our dessert.




Sago Pudding 西米布丁


Ingredients 材料:

50g sago(red colour or white)  西米(红色或白色)

200ml coconut milk 椰奶

400ml water 水

60g sugar 糖

2 tsp agar-agar powder 燕菜粉

1 tsp konnyaku jelly powder 蒟蒻果冻粉

1 tsp corn starch 玉米淀粉


Method:
  1. Rinse the sago with water then put in boiled water and boil for 5-8 minutes.
  2. Switch off the flame and cover with lid and simmer for 15 minutes until transparent. Strain and wash with cold water. Keep aside.
  3. Mix togather the sugar, agar-agar powder, konnyaku jelly powder and corn starch.
  4. Pour the santan and water in a pan. Add in the sugar mixture and stir well.
  5. Cook in a medium heat and keep stiring until the sugar mixture disolve and the santan water is boiling. Turn off the flame.
  6. Add in the cooked sago and mix well. Pour into a prepared pan and let cool.
  7. Keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.

Happy Making! 

Comments