Mozzarella Cheese & Chia Seeds Sourdough Bread (77% Hydrations)

Practise, practise, practise, bake, bake , bake, score, score, score!😄 

Hahaha... but I can't bake sourdough all the time... my kids are preferred soft and fluffy bread. So, instead of making Artisan sourdough bread, I used sourdough discard to make soft buns or loaf for my family.

Well, of course, once in a while I'll bake a sourdough batard just to enjoy the process of making sourdough bread. My hubby liked it too... he said my sourdough texture is nice with crusty skin and soft crumbs.😘

There are a million ways to make sourdough bread and everyone has their own preference. Like I said, I always go for a simple method  that works best for me. 😉

However, I recommend learning as much as you can about the various techniques, trying your hand at each method, and figuring out what works best for you and the type of the bread that you want to make. 😊

Bread ear not prominent👆 but I got an open crumbs bread. 😍







👆Look at that cheese oozing out...😍


Mozzarella Cheese & Chia Seeds Sourdough Bread (77% Hydrations)

Ingredients:

230g  Bread Flour  77%

30g   Wholewheat Flour 10%

40g   French Bread Flour  13%

230g  Water  77%

60g   Sourdough Starter (Levain)  20%

6g     Salt

Mozzarella Cheese & Chia Seed*

* I mixed in mozzarella cheese and chia seed at last minute... I added them during the coil fold steps. Since I added in a bit late, so I added in small amount of mozzarella cheese and chia seed. Hahaha...😅


Method:

  • Mix all flour, water, salt & levain  -Autolyse  2  hrs
  • 2 x Stretch and Fold - 20 mins interval 
  • 1 x Light bench fold - rest 1 hour 
  • 2 Coil Fold - 30 mins interval - rest 1 hour
  • Shapping -  rest 30 mins
  • Cold Retard - 10  hours

(Next day)

  • Preheat the oven and a cast iron pan at 250℃ for 40 mins.
  • Open bake~~Score and Spray lots of water onto the dough. Place 2 bowls with hot water.  Bake at 250℃ for 20 mins.
  • Remove bowls and decreast to 200℃  bake for 25 mins.
  • Leave in the oven for 15 mins before taking it out.


Happy Baking!


Comments