Walnut Sourdough Bread (78% Hydrations)

There are many, many ways to make a loaf of Sourdough bread. So many methods and techniques, so much conflicting advice online in blogs, books and videos.

I tried to use a recipe which is to fit in with my lifestyle... Making sourdough is a real learning experience, expect your first one not to turn out perfect and you’ll learn something every time you try again. Well, this is what I am doing... try with different method of making sourdough and achieve a loaf that I want. 😘

Conclutions: This is a really good bread. Crispy and chewy crust, while having a very soft interior. Love the texture. Plan to make repeatedly but I must build a strong levain to use for making sourdough bread.

Ahh.... I forgot to take the loaf picture... 😅 I still need to master my scoring skill!😁







👆I like to cut thick slices because I can taste the fluffy and soft crumbs.


Walnut Sourdough Bread (78% Hydrations)


Ingredients:

200g  Bread Flour  67%

60g   Wholewheat Flour 20%

40g   French Bread Flour  13%

234g  Water  78%( I adviced to use 225g water75%)*

60g   Sourdough Starter (Levain)  20%

6g     Salt

Crushed Roasted Walnuts

Method:

  • Mix all flour, water, salt & levain  -Autolyse  2 &1/2 hrs
  • 2 x Stretch and Fold - 20 mins interval 
  • 1 x  lamination - rest 1 hour (add in crushed walnuts)
  • 2 Coil Fold - 30 mins interval - rest 1 hour
  • Cold Retard - 12-14  hours
  • (Next day)Room temperature -1 hour 
  • Bench fold - rest 5 mins
  • Shapping -  rest 1 hour
  • After 1 hour, keep in fridge for 40 mins before baking
  • Preheat the oven and a pan at 250℃ for 40 mins.
  • Open bake~~Pour hot water into roasting pan. Spray lots of water onto the dough. Score and bake at 250℃ for 15 mins.
  • Remove roasting pan and decreast to 200℃  bake for 25 min.
  • Leave in the oven for 15 mins before taking it out.

*Wholewheat flour water absorption is not much.

Happy Baking!


Comments