Pear and Apple Almond Cake 梨和苹果杏仁蛋糕 and Coffee Butter Cake 咖啡牛油蛋糕

I made two cakes for breakfast ..... 😊 I made this fruit pastry cake again. This cake is addictive!








Recipe for Pear and Apple Almond Cake:

Ingredients:

      185g Butter, at room temperature( I used 125g butter and 60g margarine)
      1 tsp Vanilla(I omit this)
      110g Brown sugar ( I used Castor sugar)
      3 Eggs, lightly beaten
      65g Almond meal (ground)
      250g Self raising flour ( I used plain flour with added 2 tsp of baking powder)
      1/2 cup Milk
      3-4 Pears or apples(ripe and firm), cut in wedges



Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180C.(I used 190C. It depends on your oven) Grease a 22cm (9inch) springform pan. Line the base with baking paper.
  • Use an electric mixer to beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs, bit by bit until mixture incorporated.
  • Use a spatula to fold in almond meal. Fold in half the flour, then the milk, then remaining flour until combined. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Arrange the pear on top, pressing down slightly into the batter.
  • Bake for 55-60 minutes or skewer insert into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove cake on wire rack to cool.

Recipe adapted  from: Anncoo Journal

Happy Baking!

I like Coffee Butter Cake... 😉 The recipe can refer to the previous post~~~咖啡牛油蛋糕 .This time I use 120g butter & 130g Margarine for making this cake. ^^






Comments