Soft Coffee Cheese Cake (咖啡轻乳酪蛋糕)

I tried to finish the remaining 1/2 block of cheese from my previous attempted, and  I decided to  make a soft cheesecake. Yeah...I was pleased to see the result... the texture was moist and soft. Yes, I did it! ^^





While waiting for the cheesecake ready, I prepared some easy peasy almond cookies.....and as I was busy to shape the dough, I forgot to monitor the cheesecake, as you can see the top a bit over baked!! Sigh.....😞


Ingredients:

250g cream cheese
350g fresh milk
2 sachets of 3 in 1 instant coffee & 1 tsp of Nescafe powder( I advise to add in a tsp of coffee Emulco to enhance the coffee taste.)
50g cake flour (shifted)
5 egg yolks
5 egg white
60g fine sugar

Method:

  1. Preheat oven 160C with a tray of water ( water bath)
  2. Line the bottom of 7" baking pan with paper. Wrap the base and surrounding of the tin with foil.
  3. Double-boil milk, cream cheese and instant coffee until smooth. Add in sifted flour. Continue cooking until mixture has thicken.
  4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. 
  5. Add in yolks and mix till combined.
  6. Whip Whites until foamy.
  7. Add in sugar, whip until soft peak.
  8. Gently fold 1/3 whites into yolk mixture until well-mixed.
  9. Fold in the rest of whites. Mix well. Pour batter into baking pan. Place on top on water-bath.
  10. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allowed to cool completely. Place cake in the fridge for 4 hours to chill. Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Cut into slices and serve.


Source from: Kitchen corner.

Happy Baking!

Comments