Ma Lai Gao (马来糕) ( Brown sugar and Yeast free)

I like " Ma Lai Koh". I used to buy this type of cake whenever I go to Petaling street( 茨厂街). Love the  palm sugar flavour that I bought from there. Well, I'll try out the palm sugar next time. 


Ma Lai Kou (马来糕) ( Brown sugar and Yeast free)

Ingredients :
(A)
160g    Brown sugar
5          eggs

(B)
100 ml vegetable oil
130 ml fresh milk
1 tsp     vanilla essence

(C) - sift together
280g    flour
4 tbsp  custard powder
2 tsp     baking powder
1/2 tsp  baking soda
1/4 tsp  salt ( I omit it)

Method:
1) Whisk (a) until light and creamy. 
2) Fold in (B) and then (C) until well combined. Let the batter rest for 25-30minutes.
3) Pour batter into a well greased baking pan and steam on high heat for 30 min or until skewer comes out clean when tested.
4) Cool complete before cutting.

Recipe adapted from: My kitchen snippets

Enjoy Making!

Comments