Carrot cupcakes


Hmm... after watching the Astro TV programme~~ Cupcake War this afternoon... it made my hands itchy... so, I started to make cupcakes too!😅 Well, it was quite sometime I didn't make cupcakes for my kids... Since I have some carrots in the fridge... so, I decided to make these yummy carrot cupcakes. 😘


Carrot cupcakes

Ingredients:

21/2 cups cake flour
1 1/4 tsp     baking powder
1 tsp    baking soda
11/4 tsp   ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp   salt
3 large   eggs
1 cup  sugar
1 cup   brown sugar
1/2 cup  vegetable oil
1/2 cup  milk(optional)
3 cups    grated carrots


Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. Sieve flour , baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt , set aside.
  3. Whisk sugar, brown sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
  4. Add in sieved flour (and milk)into the egg mixture.
  5. Add in the grated carrots and mix well.
  6. Add in oil, whisk to combine.
  7. DO NOT Overmix. 
  8. Spoon batter into paper muffin cups, fill up to ¾ full.
  9. Bake at 180C for 20- 25mins until golden or test with a toothpick inserted and comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack, leave to cool completely.
Cream cheese frosting:

250g cream cheese
50g butter
1/2 cup icing sugar or 1 cup icing sugar if you are prefer sweeter.
1 tsp  vanilla essence or lemon juice

Method:
1. Beat all the ingredients till well combined.
2. Spread or piped onto the cooled cupcakes and chill the cupcakes before serve.

* You can add in toasted walnuts in the cake. I didn't add in because my kids don't like it.^^

Happy Baking!!

Comments